23 Jun Getting Back Up When Life Knocks You Down
Let’s face it. Life has a way of throwing you curve balls when you least expect it. When this happens it sometimes throws you into a tailspin that you have a hard time getting out of. You get stuck in the challenges, pain and turmoil of the experience and it can be very hard to move forward.
So what do you do? How do you get UNstuck when life gets rocky and you feel like you are getting hit from all angles?
First, I think it is important to know that you are never truly alone. Sometimes it feels that way, and sometimes it’s hard to reach out for help… do it anyway. Whether a friend or family member, or a professional who can guide you through the experience – get support.
One of the things that helps me when the road of life gets rocky and I find myself having a hard time moving on is that I look for the blessings in the situation before me. Admittedly, this can be very hard to do when you are coping with traumatic life changes and experiences, but the truth is that there is always a blessing within each challenge of our life. I like to “Make a list of 20” positive blessings. And before I get to 20, I’m usually feeling much better.
To be clear, you need to deal with the problem and work through the pain and grief and the mess of the situation as part of the process, but looking at the blessings is a powerful tool to help you through this process, to get UNstuck and moving forward with your life again.
Here are just a few examples of blessings you might receive:
- An opportunity to reconnect with a deep desire you’ve been ignoring
- An opportunity to ask “What did I learn?” and examining your new truths
- Learning how to set policy, so this never happens again
- Discovering a new passion, or a new platform whereby you can help others overcome the same challenge
- Discovering a new author (one of my favorite tasks is to read a book as if the author is my own personal life or business coach)
- Newfound gratitude for the life experience
I could go on. If you think back over your life, I bet you can come up with a huge list of blessings that you have received from experiences that were challenging.
When life is throwing you curve balls and you are struggling to move forward, see if you can find the blessings in the situation you are struggling with. Write it out.
- What are the lessons that you learned?
- What did you gain from the experience?
- What blessings did you receive?
Take time to express your gratitude for the multitude of blessings that are truly present.
Find out how to get your life back (so you can align with your life purpose)– Hook me up!